Half as light as the predecessor, compact enough to fit into your backpack
Presenting the new RONIN-M 3-Axis Camera Stabilization Gimbal (V2 w/ lighter battery) for professional filmmakers
The new Ronin-M is much lighter, more compact, easier to transport, and offers the ability to shoot in a wider variety of shooting scenarios when space and flexibility are key. Perfect for aspiring and professional filmmakers, the Ronin-M makes DJI’s world-class stabilization technology accessible to a wider range of creators. While the original Ronin is still suitable for those who require maximum carrying capacity for full setups that would include very heavy cameras, large lenses, and other professional tools to be used together, the Ronin-M is powerful enough to hold and stabilize setups for most shooting situations.
The Ronin-M’s frame is made out of magnesium. Most other gimbal stabilization systems shy away from using magnesium because it is so difficult to manufacture and work with, but the increased stiffness and decreased weight of magnesium marks the next generation of camera stabilization technology, weighs only 2.3kg(5lbs) including handlebar and battery, almost half the weight of the original Ronin, that allows the cameraman to point the camera at some impossible angle, furthermore, the package ships with a 2nd operator transmitter, which allows a 2nd operator to pan, tilt, and roll the camera independent of the Ronin-M’s movement, the 2nd operator transmitter also allows for mode and speed selection, think about one guy holding the Ronin, another guy controlling the angle thru the RC controller, super easy to use, and quick to deploy within 5 minutes, no tools needed to put the Ronin-M together, put all these into your backpack nice and easy. So what if one-man operation? Yes, you can use the SmoothTrack mode, it will automatically point the camera where you want it to go, a single thumb control (* sold separately)is available for greater control. For Video Feeds, you can put the DJI Lightbridge HD Video System on it, there is a connection port on the power distribution box of the Ronin-M.
Supports a wide variety of camera systems that weigh less than 3.6kg (8lbs), including the Sony A7S, Canon 5D, Nikon D800, Panasonic GH4, and more, the Ronin-M can be easily balanced and auto-tunes to support your preferred setup. For software configuration, use a smartphone with DJI Assistant App, change settings on the go over Bluetooth. Auto Tune, adjust your favorite settings, monitor the status of your Ronin-M, and customize SmoothTrack in seconds.
Featuring all of the functions of the original Ronin, but re-engineered for increased functionality and to be a fraction of the size and
weight, the Ronin-M gives you the power of a professional setup in the unmatched flexibility of a one-man crew, simply, it's what every filmmaker dreams of.
"Lifted" - A Short Film Shot on the Ronin-M
Behind the scene of "Lifted"
This is what every filmmaker wants!
Super lightweight, stable and easy to use gimbal system.
2.3kg only, including battery!
One man can maneuver it easily in all angle.
Deploy within 5 minutes
Pull it out from your backpack, install the handle bars, turn it on..... "camera rolling....and action!"
Different handheld modes
Eye-level, Chest-level, Knee-level, Floor-level, or going thru tight space, no problem.
Ronin-M is made of Magnesium, others don't!
Most other gimbal stabilization systems shy away from using magnesium because it is so difficult to manufacture and work with, but the increased stiffness and decreased weight of magnesium marks the next generation of camera stabilization technology.
Ronin-M is full of innovations and ideas, as a filmmaker, this is a tool you want.
Configure the Ronin-M thru iOS or Android device
Change all system parameters on the fly with a smartphone thru Bluetooth, and you can upgrade the firmware in the gimbal, that means the Ronin-M should serve you well for a while.
Ultra portable, 2.6kg only!
Came with a foldable Tuning Stand, easy to balance difference camera on the gimbal
Some open box photos :
This package includes :
- Three Operation Modes : Underslung Mode / Upright Mode / Briefcase Mode
- Built-in, independent IMU module
- DJI Specialized Gimbal Drive Motors with Encoders
- Bluetooth Module
- USB Connection
- 2.4GHz Receiver
- Temperature Sensor
- DJI Advanced 32-Bit DSP Processor
- D-Bus Receiver Supported
- Camera Tray Dimensions : Maximum depth at center of mass on camera base plate: 120mm / Maximum height measured from top of camera base plate: 195mm / Maximum width: 160mm
- Accessory Power Connections : 12V Regulated P-Tap x 2, USB 500mW x 1, DJI Lightbridge x 1
- GCU Input Power : 4S Ronin-M Battery
- Connections : 2.4GHz Remote Controller, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0
- PC Assistant Software Requirements : Windows XP SP3; Windows 7; Windows 8 (32 or 64 bit)；Mac OS X 10.9 or above
- Mobile Assistant Software Requirements : Mobile Device: iOS 7.0 or above
Mechanical & Electrical Characteristics
- Working Current : · Static current: 300mA (@16V) / Dynamic current: 600mA (@16V) / Locked motor current: Max 10A (@16V)
- Operating Temperature : -15° C ~ 50° C (-5° F ~ 120° F)
- Weight : 2.3kg (5.07lb) fully loaded with handlebar
- Gimbal Dimensions : 500mm(W) x 210mm(D)x 420mm(H)
- Load Weight (Reference Value) : 3.6kg (8lb)
- Angular Vibration Range : ± 0.02°
- Maximum Controlled Rotation Speed : Pan axis: 90°/s / Tilt axis: 100°/s / Roll axis: 30°/s
- Mechanical Endpoint Range : Pan axis control: 360° /
Tilt axis control: +105° /-165° / Roll axis control: ± 110°
- Controlled Rotation Range : Pan axis control: 360° / Tilt axis control: +105° /-165° / Roll axis control: ± 25°
1 X Ronin-M Gimbal
1 X Handle Bar
1 X Remote Controller
1 X Tuning Stand
1 X 110-240V Battery Charger w/ Power Cable
1 X DJI Battery
1 X Camera Mounting Plate
1 X Accessory Package (Camera 1/4", 3/8" screws... etc.)
Get it now for
USD $1,399.00 USD $999.00 only!