Auto pilot multi-rotor solution for DIYers
This is the Pixhack autopilot kit made by CUAV, based on the Pixhawk platform, but designed from the ground up to be the best possible pixhawk compatible autopilot with many improvements, while still keeping the overall cost as low as possible. The two key feature improvements of the pixhack over the PX4 is the vibration isolated IMU, which has the IMU sensors mounted in a floating platform to ensure they always report the most accurate sensor readings. In addition the IMU platform features a large anti interference shield which ensures your sensors will not report false values. Other than that, the Pixhack uses the same core components as the original 3DR Pixhawk board.
The included Ublox M8N GPS module ensures your drone has super accurate positional information thanks the ability for the M8N GPS module to receive signals from both GPS and the Russian GLONASS satellite network. Development of the Pixhack autopilot has taken over a year with many iterations resulting in the autopilot and with several months of testing we can assure you that this is a worthy competitor to the Pixhawk despite its lower cost. Since this board is based on the same components it is fully compatible with the arducopter/ardupilot firmware and you can also use the Mission Planner software (PC) or APM Planner (Mac) to install and upgrade the firmware as well as planning your drone missions.
Pixhack hardware struscture is same with PIX, compatible with 3DR APM and Pixhawk codes. The casing is made with CNC aluminum alloy for better anti-interference and increase stability.
UBlox M8N GPS module
UBlox M8N GPS module ensures your drone has super accurate positional information thanks the ability for the M8N GPS module to receive signals from both GPS and the Russian GLONASS satellite network.
2S-6S LiPo Power Module
Works with 2S-6S LiPo, build-in UBEC 5.2V 3A output. It has 3 functions, to provide 5.2V power to the FC, to provide Voltage signal and Current signal to FC. In the Mission Planner software, this power module type is the 3DR Power Module, APM version is 4: Pixhawk.
Buzzer and Safety Module
Connect to the Pixhack FC, it tells you the system condition, and press the safety button to arm motors before flight.
433Mhz/ 915Mhz (US) Telemetry Radio
The pack came with the CUAV SIK Radio Set ( *optional 433mhz for EU or 915mhz for US)
, connect the ground side your computer thru micro USB cable, then choose 57600 baud rate on the Mission Planner software to communicate with the drone.
I2C Hub and LED module
The LED module tells you the drone status, and the I2C hub allows you to connect more gadgets to the Pixhack FC.
It allows to encode up to 8 PWM (pulse width modulated) signals into one PPM (pulse position modulation) signal, kinda old school product, most RC has S.Bus now.
Micro USB Cable
Connect to the Pixhack FC directly or the CUAV Telemetry Radio (ground side).
Pixhack FC specifications :
Micro SD Card (8GB)
Insert into the FC before use.
In the box :
- STM32F427 Cortex M4 with hardware floating point processing unit
- SMT32F103 backup co-processor
- Build in Sensors
- The innovative design of this autopilot includes a floating IMU platform that is isolated from vibrations, sensors on the IMU platform include:
- L3GD20 - three-axis digital 16 bit gyroscope
- LSM303D - three-axis ,14 bit accelerometer/ magnetometer
- MPU6000 - 6 axis accelerometer/magnetometer
- MS5611 - high precision barometer
- Enviromental and Voltage Specifications
- Temperature range: - 5 ~ 50 degrees
- Power Module , operating voltage : 2-6S
- Power Module sensor output voltage : 5.2V 3A
- Pixhack Autopilot Module
- High Voltage Power module - Suppoers 2S-6S LiPo batteries
- Ublox M8N GPS/Compass module
- PPM Encoder
- 433Mhz 500mW SIK Radio Telemetry Kit (EU) or 915Mhz 250mw SIK Radio Telemetry Kit (US)
- I2C Hub
- External LED module
- Buzzer/Safety Switch Module
Useful Items :
* This kit is not for beginners, you need to take a look at what is Pixhawk (as equal to Pixhack) and what is Ardupilot.
* Remember to take good care of vibrations management on your drone.
Get it now for
USD $199.90 USD $119.90 only!